Wednesday, January 29, 2014

New Zealand Landscapes

I figured since we were doing landscape photography it would be a good idea to find someone who take pictures of places I want to visit. These are some of my favorite examples of Chris Gin, he is a landscape photographer in New Zealand. 
I really like black and white photography so this one really appeals to me, I especially like that the horizon line is not level (diagonal lines are more appealing than horizontal ones after all).

This one appeals to me because of the purple/pink hue that the mountains have and I like that the water looks so soft.

I like that this one has a perfect reflection in the lake and that the picture is cropped so you see more of the lake than you do the rest of the mountains and the sky.

I like the focal point of the rock (boulder? island?) and how there is more light coming from behind it. Also I like the jagged edges on the right side of the rock and that the trees on the left kind of balance the rock since it's leaning to the right.

Another black and white one that I liked. I wish that the tree set more to the left though.

This one has an ominous feel to it that made me stop an look at it again even though there's nothing that interesting going on in the picture.

I don't usually like cityscapes but this one captures my attention with the tree out front that contrasts with the city behind it. I really like that the grass is such a bright green compared to the dull almost smoggy city in the background.

I really like that the train tracks lead you into the picture and that they disappear into the fog and ocean.
Here is the URL to his website if anyone wants to look at more of his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment