Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Portrait

On Top of the World
11/16/13
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
1/1600sec
f/5.3
ISO 200
40.0mm
No Tripod


This is an environmental portrait of someone I went hiking with. I just happened to take this photo without really thinking about this assignment but later I felt like it worked really well for it. I tried to recreate this scene with different people up on Zimmerman but the feeling was not the same. This person is Sam Cook and she enjoys being outdoors hiking like this. Though the picture does not focus on her face too much, I feel like it captures her sense of wonderment accurately. In this picture I liked that the background is the mountains and hills and there is no man-made objects, when I tried to do this at Zimmerman I kept getting the city in the background and I liked having the nature better. I also really like that she is wearing all black and it contrasts nicely with the bright clouds and sky. To take this picture I went down on lower rocks to give it that feel like she is on top of a mountain looking down on the world. I took this picture without her knowing because I like the feel of natural poses rather than the ones people do when they know someone is taking a picture of them. Overall I think this was a very happy accident that works well for this assignment and though I tried other times to do this on purpose the affect was not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment