Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Cliffs of Moher

So yesterday I woke up at the crack of dawn to go to the Cliffs of Moher. I'm pretty proud of myself for making it there and back with only minimal injuries. I figured out which buses to take and when was the best time to take them so I wouldn't come home super late, but of course that meant waking up at 5:30 to catch the first bus out (the Cliffs are a 5 hour drive from Dublin so it was necessary). Since being in Dublin I have yet to experience Irish food yet, I'm ashamed to admit this but I'm kind of on a budget so I've been living off of snickers and Spar food (Spar is a convenience store that has taken over Dublin, there's one on almost every street I walk by) but tonight I will splurge and buy some real food since I'm leaving tomorrow. Any way the Cliffs were really awesome, it wasn't too cold or windy the first few hours I was there so walking around them was really pretty. It's weird that they don't have walls that keep you from falling off of the cliffs, I just kept thinking to myself that someone could just push me over and walk on and no one would be the wiser, its a weird feeling to think you could die at even a sudden gust of wind. Anywho on to lighter subjects. I walked on the cliffs for a while (slipped in some mud and busted up my elbow too, but I was in no danger of falling off I was just being careless) taking a bunch of pictures and I did a timelapse of the clouds moving over the cliffs. Hopefully it turned out since I'll need it for my photography final but I'll worry about that later. I chilled inside the visitor center once the clouds covered the sun and waited for my bus back to Dublin. That pretty much sums up my Tuesday.
Today I was planning on going hiking in the Wicklow park but the weather called for rain today so I took a pass on that and instead explored the city some more. I've been told to find crunchies and flakes or else I didn't actually have an Irish experience so I'll find those when I go out tonight. I painted a bit in a food court and did a timelapse of that. Of course I got some weird looks from people as they looked at my setup but I didn't really care, this timelapse is probably pretty bad so it was more for fun than requirement. Currently I am holed up in blankets on my bed at the hostel because it's pretty chilly and windy today, which I figured made it a good blogging day. Also a good Netflix day I watched Snowpiercer (it has Chris Evan (Captain America guy) in it so I was intrigued, but for anyone thinking of watching it it's pretty stupid and I advise against it it's a waste of two hours) and a bit of How I Met Your Mother. I know it's quite pathetic of me to be on the computer when I should be enjoying a new country but the fact of the matter is, it's not much fun exploring by yourself and I'm kind of over this traveling thing so I'm being lazy and doing what I would be doing if I were at home right now. 
Tomorrow I fly out of Dublin to Eindhoven at 1:15 and from there take a train to Amsterdam which is where I will meet my beloved Amber. Of course she won't meet me until later that night so I'll have most of the afternoon to figure out another country (one with a much more difficult language) before I get my own personal guide (get ready Amber to deal with helpless me). Anyway on with the pretty stuff that's always at the end!
Cows! Yay cows, there's lot of them around here.
A wee wittle bird. So cute.
A view of the cliffs.
The other side of the cliffs.
I could've walked right off into the ocean. There were a lot of suicide prevention posters around, I imagine it's not uncommon. 

I love how green everything is even in the middle of November.
Some silhouetted walkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment