Thursday, January 29, 2015

Billings Livestock Sale

So on Saturday I went to the BLS for my equine marketing class. While I was there I took some pictures of the horses and people around me. It's really an interesting place to go to if you've never been before or if you want to buy some horses or tack. Anyway here are the pictures I took. Now keep in mind that this is all done indoors with crappy lighting so my ISO had to be much higher than I would've liked. Also there are many obstacles in there so my shots focus more on the details rather than the whole picture because it was impossible to get a good looking picture with all the wires and rails and people in the way.
 This sleeping pup was right beside where I was sitting, she was able to sleep even with all the noise going on around her.
 I thought it was interesting to focus on the riders hands and whether they were tight or loose depending on whether their horse was soft or hard in the mouth.
 Back shot of saddle and rider as they leave the sale pen.
 One of the horses outside, he was just eating hay waiting for his turn to go into the sale pen, I likes the painted number on him and the detail of it.
 Another hand shot with a partial of the horses head. I liked this mare a lot though she didn't sell well unfortunately.
Hip 64 leaving the sale pen all too happy to be rid of the scariness. This is my favorite picture from BLS, I'm not really sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment