Thursday, January 15, 2015

Nick Brandt

So Nick Brandt is a photographer I have been following since high school, I find his work really beautiful and is one of the reasons why I some day soon wish to go to Africa. He exclusively photographs the animals of Africa in hopes to bring to light their dying population and habitat. He started a non-profit organization called Big Life foundation dedicated to the conservations of the ecosystem and wildlife of Africa. According to him he does not use telephoto lens to take any of his pictures meaning he must get really close to the animals to get such detailed shots. He still shoots in film but scans them onto the computer to edit them. I am a fan of black and white photography so these pictures appeal to me but it makes them all very sad. Here is a link to his website for examples of his pictures. http://www.nickbrandt.com/category.cfm?nL=0&nS=0

No comments:

Post a Comment