Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Cultural Food Final

Here are my final edited images of cultural foods.
Here fishy fishy
Nikon D5200
55-300mm
55mm
f/5.6
1/50 sec
ISO 100
No flash
Comments: It was morning when I took this photo and the light was not the best so my aperture was as wide as it would go to let in the most light. In LR I cropped from the original photo drastically to focus on the fish and not the man selling it, I brightened the reds and blues more and made the shadows darker.
Hung to Dry
Nikon D5200
55-300mm
55mm
f/5.6
1/40 sec
ISO 400
No flash
Comments: Taken in Catania the same morning as the one above. Had to boost the ISO for this one to increase light in the photo. I cropped this one much like the other cutting the man out and the table below. Colors were boosted especially the reds and contrast increased.
Diavola
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
32mm
f/4.8
1/80 sec
ISO 400
No flash
Comments: This was a close up of a pizza I had in Amsterdam (I know a sin after coming from Italy but it was cheap). The lighting in the restaurant was less than par so the aperture was wide and the ISO was put up higher. I cropped in slightly closer than the original picture and boosted the contrast in LR.
Cappuccino
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
30mm
f/4.5
1/20 sec
ISO 400
No flash
Comments: Just a quick shot of someones coffee before they drank it. In LR I used the brush to desaturate everything other than the foam on top because it had an ugly yellowy tint to it. I wish there was a bit more to the top of the picture but that's all I had to work with.
Sugah
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
55mm
f/5.6
1/30 sec
ISO 1000
No flash
Comments: Close up of a bowl of sugar cubes in Amsterdam. I had to take quite a many shots of this to get it right, upping the ISO each time until I finally got a clear picture. Not much was done in LR other than changing the crop slightly and making the brown sugar cubes less yellow from the light they were in.
Salami Picante
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
18mm
f/3.5
1/25 sec
ISO 1600
No flash
Comments: I finally remembered to take a picture of the pizza before I ate it. Lighting was again less than desirable so my ISO was higher than I would've liked. Not much done in LR other than bringing shadows back into the picture from the raw photo.
Amber and the Stroopwafel
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
42mm
f/6.3
1/160 sec
ISO 400
No flash
Comments: Hot stroopwafel is pretty good, everyone should try it. It was a rather chilly overcast day so there was very soft lighting. I liked that the background is out of focus to draw more attention to the face. In LR I cropped closer to her face. I brought the red saturation down to lessen the redness on her face from the wind and made her face brighter.
Pastries Galore 
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
32mm
f/4.8
1/80 sec
ISO 400
No flash
Comments: Taken in a bakery. The lighting was less than fantastic but not too terrible. It was hard to get a picture of the baked goods without the reflection on the glass ruining the picture. I cropped from the original picture and brought the yellows down to help get rid of the annoying fluorescent color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment