Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Cultural Traditions Final

These are my final images for the cultural traditions section. I chose to show images from my time in Venice and the flooding going on. Most of them are people reacting to the flooding and one picture of the splashing waves.
Rock the Boat
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
46mm
f/5.3
1/500 sec
ISO 1000
No flash
Comments: Took a while to get a decent wave caught on memory card. I needed a fast shutter speed to stop the water from moving so the ISO was required to be higher the normal. In LR I dropped the saturation of all colors except blue. The picture was cropped to hide the ground and to show less of the sky.
Raincoat
Nikon D5200
55-300mm
300mm
f/5.6
1/250 sec
ISO 500
No flash
Comments: Taken from a distance the original photo showed more people in the frame but they were distracting so they were cropped out. Again I dropped all saturation except one color, yellow, to focus on the little boy's raincoat. I wish I could get the remaining two people out of the shot.
Look at Me
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
55mm
f/5.6
1/160 sec
ISO 500
No flash
Comments: Quick shot of someone getting their picture taken. I zoomed in as much as I could with my lens but was still a bit far out so I cropped in on LR. Dropped all colors but the orange from the boots.
Splish Splash
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
55mm
f/5.6
1/200 sec
ISO 500
No flash
Comments: Another quick shot. I needed a fast shutter speed to stop her movements through the water. Dropped all the colors except blue.
Umbrella-ella-ella
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
55mm
f/5.6
1/100 sec
ISO 500
No flash
Comments: Taken on the rises above the water. Cropped in for just the three umbrellas. Brushed everything but the umbrellas to keep their color. I do wish the third umbrella was more colorful but it was gray to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment