Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Faces Final

I chose to have my 10 final faces with the theme of different emotions. Enjoy.

Fear
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
50mm
f/5.6
1/40 sec
ISO 1600
No flash
Comments: Taken inside the Capitoline Museum. Medusa is a pretty terrifying person if you ask me with the whole turn people to stone if they look at her thing, but here she looks scared and that intrigued me. How can someone so terrifying be scared of anything. So I thought it would be good to capture her expression because maybe it's a curse to never have someone look at you, she was after all not always like this she was once beautiful but cursed by Athena for bing raped in her temple to look ugly and turn people to stone if they dare look at her. I chose to haver her in black and white because it is not a happy emotion and therefore deserves some unhappy colors.
 Worry
Nikon D5200
55-300mm
200mm
f/5.0
1/160 se
ISO 1250
No flash
Comments: David has yet to slay Goliath in Michelangelo's statue. It's clear on his face that he is not certain whether he will win or not. One might argue that he is confident but his tense muscles and stern expression tell me that he's worried he might lose the fight. This I chose to put in black and white just to show the shadows on the statue better.
Annoyance
Nikon D5200
55-300mm
140mm
f/4.8
1/320 sec
ISO 100
No flash
Comments: I'd like to think there is always something on this guys head that is just driving him crazy. It was perfect that the pigeon was there, I'm fairly certain this statue is just not having a good time. he even has his hair flipping like he's trying to get something off his head. Of course this is not the case and really he is one of Bernini's designed fountain statues in Piazza Navona and I'm fairly certain he is trying to kill some water beast but the look of annoyance is still there.
Pride
Nikon D5200
55-300mm
155mm
f/5.0
1/500 sec
ISO 200
No flash
Comments: Taken at the Dublin Zoo. Of course tigers are proud (maybe not as proud as lions) but this guy made my day by meandering down his hill to stand on top of his log in this stance for a solid 5 minutes looking super majestic. I brightened his colors and cropped a little bit closer.
Contempt
Nikon D5200
55-300mm
300 mm
f/5.6
1/500 sec
ISO 400
No flash
Comments: Again taken at the Dublin Zoo. While Mr. Tiger seems content being in his cage this guy was none too happy. I'm fairly certain he would've bitten me had I reached in. All I did with this picture was turn in black and white and change the aspect ration to a 16x9.
Satisfaction
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
42mm
f/6.3
1/160 sec
ISO 400
No flash
Comments: Same photo as the one in cultural foods. She just looked very satisfied to have a warm stroopwafel on a cold November day. 
Joy
Nikon D5200
55-300mm
300mm
f/5.6
1/320 sec
ISO 100
No flash
Comments: This little kid was waving to the pigeons and having the time of his life. Nothing could damper his mood not even falling down. I tried to crop out the person behind him but their foot remains unfortunately. I played with the temperature and brought down the green in the sweatshirt behind him.
Tired
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
30mm
f/4.5
1/200 sec
ISO 500
No flash
Comments: Taken on the train to Florence. Ana and Bailey slept like that for a short while looking quite content. I made their faces lighter and brought down the red in Ana's shirt a bit.
Happy (I whip my hair back and forth)
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
20mm
f/3.8
1/640 sec
No flash
Comments: Ana was swishing her hair around for us in Corciano and it's clear that she's enjoying doing it. It was close to sunset and her face was really dark in the original photo so I brushed it and over exposed it a little to make it look more normal. he still looks pretty tan though. It should be noted that in the original photo Chris had just gotten swished in the face with her hair and made a pretty funny expression but I cut it out as it distracted from Ana. Sorry Chris.
Curiosity
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
30mm
f/4.5
1/250 sec
ISO 500
No flash
Comments: This little girl was running by on the train and I happened to snap a shot of her as she was looking at me, I showed her the picture after and she was quite happy and trotted away. She had a small purple mark on her nose from juice or a marker that I cloned out, cute as it may have been, so it didn't distract from her curious eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment