Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Religious Structures Final

Jesus Rays
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
48mm
f/5.6
1/80 sec
ISO 800
No flash
Comments: Taken inside Saint Maria. I had to crouch up and down to get the right color in the shot. It was pretty dark inside so my ISO was up. In LR I dropped the shadows to take away the detail from the wall. I boosted the oranges and reds and cropped closer to the window.
Venus
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
48mm
f/5.3
1/40 sec
ISO 1600
No flash
Comments: A small portion of a Venus statue. I had to boost the ISO to get a clear picture. In LR I made her less yellow and boosted the shadows and contrast.
Due (two)
Nikon D5200
55-300mm
55mm
f/4.5
1/1250 sec
ISO 100
No flash
Comments: My lens couldn't fit the whole of the columns in the shot so I just got a close up of two columns. I believe this is Temple E. I cropped the top of the column out of the shot. Boosted the blues, lessened the yellowy orange from the columns.
Bell Towers
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
18mm
f/3.5
1/2500 sec
ISO 400
No flash
Comments: Taken in Dublin at Christ Church. I wasn't able to get the whole cathedral in the shot so instead I tried to get the branch in the shot. I straightened the building but left it with an obscure angle. I made it black and white because there wasn't much color to begin with.
Gibberish
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
52mm
f/5.6
1/4000 sec
ISO 6400
No flash
Comments: Taken in Perugia. Close up of a slab of ancient writing. The room was dark so my ISO was high but it probably could have been lower because the shutter speed did not need to be that fast but at the time I didn't care for this photo. In LR I cropped the photo so the crack didn't go into the corners and so the second and third line of writing were not complete. I made it black and white because it appealed to me more than the yellow color. I had to bring the shadows and blacks down a lot to bring more contrast into the letters.
Blue Steel
Nikon D5200
55-300mm
140mm
f/5.0
1/125 sec
ISO 6400
No flash
Comments: Taken inside Saint Peter's. ISO was high to accommodate the dark lighting and the far away subject. I cropped in on the statue's upper half more. I tried to make the body look more light and everything else a bit darker to match the subject. I made it black and white because to me the statue looks as if it could be real if it weren't for the colors giving it away.
At Nightt
Nikon D5200
18-52mm
24mm
f/4.0
7.5 sec
ISO 100
No flash
Tripod used
Comments: Taken at night (obviously) with a fairly long exposure so the Colosseum was lit up as well as the clouds. I liked the weird angle of the picture. I added more shadows and contrast to the image. The two closest arches to the bottom had a grate in them and I blacked them out though I think they might be a little too dark and distracting but it was either that or have ugly grates in the image equally as distracting.
That Calf
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
22mm
f/5.0
1/50 sec
ISO 100
No flash
Comments: Taken in Milan. Close up of the rubbed bronze of Jesus at one of the stations of the cross. I got close to the door to get this shot and didn't have to crop much after. The colors of the bronze were dull in the shot so in LR I brought the yellows and oranges up to make them closer to what they looked like in real life.
Angry Cathedral
Nikon D5200
18-55mm
18mm
f/5.6
1/400 sec
ISO 100
No flash
Comments: Taken in Milan looking up at the cathedral. I was going to straighten the building out but I kind of liked the feel that this massive thing is looming over you and super tall so I left it the way my ca,era took it. I made it black and white to make this church look more grave and did nothing for cropping because it would have messed up with the tops of the building too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment