Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Last Post dundundun.

Saturday December 6th

Well everyone I am sorry to inform you this will be my last post on my adventures abroad. It's sad that it has finally come to an end, this was by far my favorite semester of school yet (for obvious reasons). I will never forget this experience nor the people I shared that time with. I can without a doubt say that I have taken quite a bit from my time in Italy other than just enjoying the country. Here's some advice for anyone thinking of traveling anywhere really but especially from what I've learned from Italy:

  1. Learn to order gelato in Italian, they will appreciate it more and you officially become more cultured for trying. Really just attempt to learn the language of the place you are, don't be that arrogant person that wants everyone to speak english to them
  2. Traveling really makes you miss home but don't let that stop you from exploring new places
  3. Patience is greatly needed when traveling via train/bus/airplane, if you don't have patience you're going to have a rough time
  4. Learn to sleep in weird places like on a bus or in a cafe while waiting for your plane
  5. Don't sweat the small things and enjoying just being somewhere different and beautiful 
  6. Be smart about going to certain areas by yourself
  7. Try new things if you don't try new things like food there's no point in going to a new place
  8. Respect the cultural traditions of where you are, life will be a lot easier than if you try and fight it
  9. If the only thing that is stopping you fro doing something amazing is money just do it anyway, you'll find a way to get what you need
  10. Can't is not an acceptable word, won't on the other hand is but be honest with yourself about whether you can't or just won't
  11. Take a million and one pictures you're going to hate going through them for the good ones later but its a good way to relive your experience
  12. Know when it's okay not to take pictures and to just have the beauty of something stay in your head just for you
  13. Enjoy the difference from your own culture 
  14. Finally have fun, if you're not having fun don't travel
I could go on and on with this list but I think that's a safe place to stop it. I hope you all enjoyed reading about my adventures overseas, I know I had fun writing this blog. And of course no blog is interesting without some pictures of my travels (I didn't forget about my Amsterdam pictures) and so here are the last of my travel pictures. Enjoy!
My plane from Dublin to Eindhoven.
The I amsterdam sign, there are a few around Amsterdam but this one is the original.
That's me hiding inside the M, get it because my name starts with M. AHAH.
And Amber hid in the A. A for Amber, we're so clever.
There was a small statue garden with iguanas and other statue lizards in it for reasons unknown, but it was funny because Amber's afraid of iguanas.
Little kid giraffe costume, if only it came in my size.
The canals are beautiful.
The Dutch like their cheese.
There was a building that had unicorns and weird fish on it so I thought I must make picture.
A pretty snazzy horse drawn carriage, the guy driving was actually wearing a top hat and official looking dress props to him.
Just a few of the many, many bikes chained up around the city. Like many many. You can't comprehend the number of bikes here until you actually experience it.
Our homemade dinner. Well the bread we bought, along with the rest of it but we did assemble it ourselves and we were very proud of it. Look at those tiny pancakes! So cute.
A canal tour boat.
Some tall ships.
There are also a lot of boats in this city. They have house boats too and they're super cool looking.
Some ducks on a boat. 
The trees are gorgeous.
Apparently putting sprinkles on things is like a big thing here (yes those are jimmies but for those of us who don't know the difference between sprinkles and jimmies I'll just leave it at that).
A weird Christmas-not Christmas boat parade thing, very weird.
Amber on the Fault in Our Stars bench, I sat on it too but I don't have that picture Amber does.
Some pretty roses.
This is a drunk bike and you know it is a drunk bike because it is decorated with fake flowers. I was pretty excited to see this.
Some locks painted green... for the season? I don't know but they were all painted green.
Amber eating stroopwafel, which is basically two very thin waffle cones that have caramel in the middle its pretty delicious.
The sunset from the plane back to Boston. It was weird since I was going back in time the sunset lasted for about two hours. So pretty.
And this is what I came back to in New Hampshire. But it was a pretty sunrise.
So pretty.
Look at that snow. And to think I was just in a country where the leaves were still attached and a pretty yellow color.
And then it all froze.
It was pretty chilly in the NH.

And that is all I have for you, again I hope you enjoyed this blog as much as I enjoyed writing it!
Ciao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment