Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Back to the Villa!

Sunday October 12th

So today we came back to the Villa, however before we got back here it was quite an eventful day. I woke up at 5:30 so I could take sunrise pictures at the Colosseum. Since Sorcha was unwilling to wake up with me, I went alone. Being in Rome by myself early in the morning was hardly scary at all as no one is awake yet. The 20 minute walk to the Colosseum was spent in blissful peace and quiet. I had the Colosseum to myself, I was in heaven. I took way too many pictures of the Colosseum even though the sunrise was kinda lame since it was overcast but besides the point. On the walk back people started to appear on the streets, a lot of bikers (not motorcycle bikers but bicycle bikers) showed up. Like hundreds of them, apparently there was a race this morning starting at 7:30 so I hung around for that. Once I finally made it back to the hotel everyone was still asleep so I had my breakfast and went back to bed for a short time, as we had to check out at 10. Once we were all checked out we had until 3 before the bus was coming to take us back to the Villa so a group of us went to the Borghese Gardens again to watercolor. I don't like watercoloring much so I always felt weird when tourists would come over to us and look at what we were doing like we were street artists. At 3 we all regrouped to wait for the bus. And wait. And wait. It just so happens that the bus got stuck behind an accident for a while and right as the driver was leaving the car clustered area he was then in an accident himself making him even later. I sat on the street with all my bags and people were giving me the weirdest looks (I probably looked like a homeless person begging and if I had a cup out I probably would have gotten change). Two hours later we were on the bus headed to the Villa. Finally at 8:30 we had all returned in one piece and had eaten successfully putting an end to the long day. But here are some pretty pictures of the Colosseum. Yay Colosseum!
The moon was pretty sweet this early in the morning.
And Colosseum!
And more Colosseum!
I have over 80 of these.
Pictures, not Colosseums.
Because 80 Colosseums would be ridiculous.
So many.
They just keep coming.
Finally not Colosseum, bike race!

No comments:

Post a Comment